Sunday, March 9, 2008

A Year for Hats?

My head must be cold. Or, I must be tired of knitting large projects or projects with matching elements, because I've been knitting hats all year. Everything else has been thrown to the wayside -- I'm on a roll!

For my Grandma, I've been knitting Gretel, in the most fitted style. It's a beautiful shade of red -- Cascade Cash Vero in Ruby. Very hard to photograph. Here goes!

DSC02146

I'm doing the cables without a cable needle, which works well enough. And, I am completely in love with Ysolda and her hats. I love them far too much. They're beautifully designed and entirely worth the money you pay for the patterns.

I say that, because I'm knitting another one! I'm almost done. It's a bit small, so it'll probably be a gift, but here's Verity (Cascade 220 in Marine)! I'm definitely going to make another one, probably in a drapier yarn. The only thing keeping me from finishing Verity is that I don't have a button!

DSC02148

Also, here's Koolhaas, designed by the incomparable Jared Flood, a.k.a. Brooklyn Tweed. I love the Malabrigo Worsted that I got to work with, in a fabulous shade of blue, Buscando Azul. However, it's snug to the point where I worry it will fall off! So, as my grandpa has been asking for a hat to wear to sleep, so maybe I'll give this one to him. Come to think of it, I finished this before the new year, but whatever. It's a hat, it's lovely, and it has yet to be seen!

Koolhaas - Malabrigo Buscando Azul

No comments: